Friday, October 17, 2014

Me Lately: Bran in Real Life

Life has been so fast and slow and crazy all at once here lately. With our new, fairly consistent schedule, the mundane routine sometimes wears me plum out. Our weeks are work three days a week for mommy, school two days a week for Charley, Meemaw three days a week for Liza, work five days a week for daddy, a house "cleaning" day (and I say "cleaning" because these days that consists of the continuous, never ending task of picking up toys that will just end up disheveled and unorganized, laundry that never finds it's way all the way home, and a sweep-vacuum-quick mop job "clean".), several laundry days, and two weekend days. Something is missig from this equation: a mommy day! Haha! 

In all honesty though, I'm beat. With Liza running around the house on all fours, pulling up, and in dire need of a thick, ultra heavy duty helmet and face mask, the day to day of being mom to these kids is wearing me down. Is that bad to say out loud? Or in a very public place? 

Don't get me wrong. I adore my girls. Love them to death! And wouldn't trade this crazy life for anything, but friends, do you get bogged down and tired too? Please tell me I'm not alone here. 

As I type this I'm having the first real "break" in several days: I'm rocking a sick baby who has refused to sleep at all today. At. All. As in, no naps. None! Aye, aye, aye! I'm so sorry Meemaw! I'm pretty sure she is exhausted too! (Really thinking baby Liza has another ear infection :( But this is actually a nice treat. Just sitting with nothing to do or no task on my mind. I've been very OCD lately with my tasks, wanting to pick up this, organize that, finish this project, start another one...and so on. I think that's why I'm feeling overwhelmed by the kids too; I just can't seem to get it all done. 

But as I sit here I've had the great pleasure to catch up on some super mommy blogs I frequent. From ladies I call friends, which is even better :). I really learn so much from these moms and their gifts of compassion, kindness, and Grace. When I feel like my life is a total mess with a toddler and a baby, it's reassuring to know that 1) I'm not the only mom feeling this way, and 2) that I have great friends and family that support us. Not to mention my sister who always calls when the crazy breaks out. Sorry, Step Step. 

I realize this post has been all over the place, but that's just me :) 

I hope you find something that encourages you and that you can plan a date night. They are oh so important! 

Sleeping beauty!

A park day! 

These girls are lots of work, but worth it all!!!!!! 

I need a beach getaway. Or any getaway! Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment