Monday, October 20, 2014

Bran in Real Life

There's just no easy way. There is no "easy" way to be fit, be skinny, be happy, or all of the above. Gah.

Lately my emotional stability has been all over the place. It all started with a bad day at work, well, a terrible day, because some dumb girl straight up asked me to my freaking face if I had gained weight!!!! 

WTF!?

When I told her that yes, yes I have put on a little weight her reply was, "I thought you looked chubby. Chubby like baby Liza".  

So many things raced across my mind. Like please don't cry. Like go ahead and cry and make her feel bad. Like correct her for her "cultural mishap".  Like tell her to eff-off and run into a wall. But all I did was sit and take it, like a small person with No backbone, I just let someone belittle me and crush my spirit. Just thinking about it makes me cry. It began a spiraling effect that hasn't stopped and maybe will, maybe won't. But I do know a few things. 

I will someday be skinny again. 

I will someday find pleasure in the things that seem daunting to me right now. 

I will someday not be haunted by my weight and self image issues. 

So for now, I'll just talk about things that have made me happy during this weird up/down time I've had lately. 

-Seeing Baby Holland and watching all three girls play together. 









-Going to the airshow with the girls and watching Charley's face light up with joy at the airplanes!!!




-These two best friends who can just sit and talk :)


- Makinf "tooters" (tutus) for the girls. Liza modeling hers below: 


-A birthday celebration with some of our dearest friends. 


- This silly girl and her adorable outfit! 


- This precious baby! 


Writing and blogging is so good for my soul. It let's me moan and groan about the things I want to change and the down parts of my illness, but also shows me the good in my life too. I love to come back to these pages and think about how far I've come or how much more I need to grow. It's just a good place for me. I hope you enjoy it too, especially since it's been all over the place lately. The thing is, we all have our issues. We all have things that get us down and make us want to be better. Hopefully you can find some comfort and solace in this place in knowing that we aren't alone and have each other, our loved ones, and a big God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment