Friday, August 15, 2014

Bucket List

Yesterday I got to do something I've always wanted to do! 

I've been following Lauren Clark (www.laurenclarkphotography.com) for about five years now. As someone who desperately wishes they were awesomely talented at photography, I have drooled over her beautiful and colorful images for what seems like forever. Well, we finally had the opportunity to be photographed by Mrs. Lauren and it was great. 

We met at At'l Do Farms in Shallowater, TX, and while Lauren is based out of Kansas City, she comes to Texas about four times a year, making Lubbock one of her main stops as she has family there. Charley was beyond excited to "go play on the farm!" They were closed for the season, but they still do events and weddings out there so it was pretty.

Both girls did fairly well (Charley didn't nap all day!) and Liza has been uncharacteristically cranky due to teething, but the heat eventually got the best of Char. She just pooped out towards the end and when we asked her to stand here or play peek a boo, she always said, "No. I not standing there." Ha! Bless her heart, after about an hour of taking pics she told Meemaw, "I not feeling good." Thankful for fancy cars with awesome AC! (After she cooled off she was fine). 

I was a bit obsessive over the girlies outfits for the pics, but in the end, the thrown together look was my favorite. I didn't take any pictures, so I'll be sure to share Lauren's here on this space once they are ready. 

I did make the babes some headbands that I loooooove! Charley modeled hers for me while on the potty...





Anyway, it was such a fun (and exhausting) day! Who knew making your kids smile was such hard work!? It was cool to meet my hero (as Joseph calls her-even though Ellen Degeneres is really my hero ;) but it was sort of awkward too:

Me: "Mom, this is Lauren. She has two boys and came in from Kansas City to visit her family." 

Momma Val: "Hi Lauren"

Lauren: Look of total creeped out-ness since I'm obviously a stalker....

Hahaha! 

Oh well!

Having photos done with LC was definitely on my bucket list! Now I'm adding a family portrait session to that list ;) 

Other things on my bucket list:
-Go to the Ellen show
-Visit NYC
-Own land 
-Have a garden
-Sell veggies at a farmers market
-Have my own business 
-Learn a new craft
-Have a craft studio
-Visit New Zealand 
-Make a "viral" something
-Raise sweet girls :)

What's on your bucket list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment