Monday, September 22, 2014

Just Words

I haven't posted in a while and just need to clear my head. That's what this space is for. For me. And my head :)

How are things with you, dear readers? I really treasure that a few people I love so much take time out of their days to see what's new with this space. It makes me feel loved and important and even if it's only like four people, who cares! Four people is the world to me!

A Million Bucks: 
That's what I feel like lately. I've posted here before about mental health stuff and that I see a psychiatrist, but I want to share my joyful praise here too. With a combination of medication and therapy, I feel like a million bucks. I want to be a better mom. I want to be a better wife. I want to be a more active citizen. I want to do better at work. I actually want to work. It's a wonderful feeling. :) I truly encourage you to reach out to someone in your health community if you're feeling down in the dumps. It's a terrible place to be, I know, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Bubbly Brandi is back...and it's a great feeling!

Family vs Work:
I'm super blessed that I'm able to have the best of both worlds. I work part-time, I'm a mom full-time. My work is work that I leave in the office when I walk out the door. Do I worry about something I left undone? Of course. That's just me. But the fact that I'm not bringing home grading or lesson plans is a great place for me in this season of life. Right now...

All that being said, I miss the classroom. I find myself thinking about old students and missing the silly things like the smartboard or just walking in the halls. I still think alllll the time, "Oh, I need to tell my students about this," and it's a place I definitely want to go again in the future.

For now though, I'm in the place I need to be. Which is perfect. {Thanks, God!}

A Homebody and Weekending:
The four readers I have all are my close girlfriends, so there really isn't any point in clarifying this, but I am the homebody of all homebodies :)

Joseph and I LOVE a cozy night in and this weekend was the perfect weekend for staying in while the drizzly rain fell. We did embark out one time, to Memaw and Papaws house on Sunday, but Saturday was spent just relaxing at home after me and Charley went for a quick girls shopping trip. While we were out shopping I entered in a free raffle for this amazing "Elsa" necklace. And guess what?! We actually won it! Haha! I never win anything! One of my gal pals was nice enough to claim my prize for me and dropped it off at our house yesterday (thanks, Cara!) and Charley keeps asking who gave her this necklace. We just told her Santa! Haha! I guess Christmas came a little early this year at our house...

Christmas:
Which reminds me........ I CANNOT EVEN WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR! The excitement is too big! Liza is crawling and into everything and Char and Lizabear are playing together finally. It's the cutest thing and Charley is an exceptional big sister. She loves on Liza like only a big sister can. I love to watch it and that's why I'm so thrilled for Christmas this year. I can't wait to have TWO happy and excited munchkins this year.

Dear Ellen, 
Dearest Ellen,

The new season has brought a great joy in me that I soooo needed! I'm trying to "get in shape" and lose weight, so I'm walking in the AM and when I do I watch DVR'd episodes of ELLEN! Holllllllla, it keeps me laughing and smiling and I love to dance on the treadmill [dangerous, I know]. This is my favorite thing I've seen so far this season...the Lincoln commercial, the way it should have been! {Please readers, click the link....this is hilarious!}

Also, I've entered to win tickets to the 12 days of givaways, and I'm encouraging all four of my readers to also! {go do it, here}. I'm so excited for this season and, just to let you know, I also saw Jason Segel about two summers ago at a restaurant. I wonder if we were at the same restaurant? EEEEEEEK! Also, this almost had me on the floor...treadmills + Ellen + freaked out Jason = danger, danger, danger!

Gotsa poop. I'm out. Keep on dancing!

Love,

Me


No comments:

Post a Comment