Saturday, August 30, 2014

Weekending & Randoms.




The weekend was absolutely spectacular! Living in different towns, my sister and I get to see each other roughly five times a year. Maybe more if I've had a baby that year ;) This weekend Steph, Wes, and their dog Zoey came to visit and we did a whole lot of family hanging out time...something my soul seriously needed!

Friday I cleaned house and "organized" my Harry Potter words on the fridge! Nerd alert! Haha...but seriously it made me so happy! 


My friend Nicole told me how she gets up with her hubby early early early in the am, does her quiet time, has tea by herself, works out, and just plain has time to herself! I'm NOT a morning person (or a night owl either, for that matter :) but Friday morning Liza had a late/early feed (4:30am), and by the time I got her back to sleep, I figured I'd just stay up. 

It made me feel so awesome! I had coffee, read some of my favorite blogs, did some soul solitude time, and cleaned without little pattering feet behind me dragging out the toys I'd just organized. It was bliss and definitely something I would love to get in the habit of. :)

We had a nice family dinner with Jojos parents Friday night at our favorite Mexican food restaurant, and an answered prayer as well! I've been fretting over what to do with all my leftover baby stuff, and now we will be able to gift it to our favorite waitress' daughter who is about to be a very new  mom. Basically everything we have for the kids was gifted to us, so it makes sense to pay it forward. This makes me a happy mommy!  







After dinner we came home and put the babes to bed. Then Steph and I worked on bringing our dreams to life by "planning" a future business. Haha. It was great fun and just being with Steph, just me and her, totally reminds me of when we were little girls playing school. 

Saturday was an awesome lazy day around the house. Momma came over and we spend the day "building neckwaces", playing outside, dance parties, being goofy, and then Jojo cooked us dinner. Sometimes the best medicine is just being around all the people you love. 







Sunday we decided to take an outdoors outing to the duck pond where we melted and walked. It's so sad they don't let you feed the ducks anymore, but I suppose their health is rather important ;)






Steph and Wes had to leave Sunday afternoon and after we just lounged around. It was just what I needed after a long weekend away and being busy with chores. 

This week is the beginning of new goals. New motivation. New choices. And a healthier lifestyle. Bla. Bla. Bla. 

Joseph bought me an awesome treadmill and spent the entire evening putting it together last night. In addition, I'm committed to eating healthier and doing a ten day cleanse to jump start this change. Let's get that baby belly flab gone! I'm excited for the change! 


I hope you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment