Saturday, August 30, 2014

Paint Project

I get super bored easily. And I love to change things up. Rearrange furniture? You bet! I love it! The only problem is that with our current house there aren't many ways to rearrange the furniture in either living area. So my solution?

Paint. 

Paint...crap! I really don't mind painting. I enjoy the trim and am good enough to do it without tape with the right kind of fancy (or just angled) brush. My problem with painting is picking a color I want to live with for several months/years. 

Last summer I painted Liza's nursery a beautiful white. It's perfect. Not bathtub white, but not cream either. (Blah, I for one, do NOT enjoy cream/tans.). Just a great non-starchy yet warm color. So I decided that after the girls got their photos done I naturally needed to change up the living room (our main space) and wanted the same white for in there. 

Jojo hated the idea. He hates anything paint related and I have learned since we've been married to just not even ask for his help. He wasn't a fan of the white idea either, but let me go ahead and paint it white anyways because he loves me. 

So off I go to the paint store and get my supplies and perfect white. On one coat goes, and true to my fashion, I immediately hate it! It was like apartment stale and super bland. Gross. 

I pondered over a color I would like, and stuck to what I know (the blue grey family) and ended up choosing a color called winter storm. It reminded me of "winter is coming" or whatever that saying is from Game of Thrones so I knew Joseph would be on board. But when I got it home and on the walls it looked more lilac grey. Just a hint of purple. Ha! 

Oh well! It's a great change and makes the space seem bigger and brighter, which is what I was going for anyway. 

^^^an empty bookcase with our original wall color. Drabulous for sure. 

^^^the gross entry way color, before

^^^a LOT of stinking, glorious books! 

^^^my helper, "we have to clean up this mess!"  

^^^the bright and airy after! I love it :) 

I'm still waiting on some photos to come in to redesign the wall space on either side of the tv, but when I do, I'll be sure to share it here. :)

In the meantime, here is what I've named each color in my house: 

Main living area: lilac grey (oooops!) 
Jojo's living area: smoker teeth yellow 
Kitchen: rainy day blue-grey
Charley's room: Tiffany blue
Liza's room: perfect white
Girls bathroom: Tiffany blue with old people white tile  
Our bedroom: old woolen blue 
Our bathroom: Apartment white  


I hope you enjoy painting and if you do, get the same satisfaction out of a new change as I do! 

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment